Instructional Strategies Development (ISD)
To ensure clear learning objectives are met and results are measurable, all STI programs and modules are the product of the Instructional Strategies Development (ISD) Model
• Assessment - clearly defined needs analysis
• Design - defining the business, performance and learning objectives
• Development - writing the course content and structuring the learning activities
• Implementation - beta test, pilot and roll-out
• Evaluation - determine the extent to which the objectives are achieved at four levels:
Level 1. Participant reaction and productivity projection
Level 2. Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills in class
Level 3. Transfer of knowledge and skill back on the job
Level 4. Business objectives achieved, R.O.I. determined
Custom courses include the use of the Systematic Approximation Model (SAM) in the process to increase accuracy of communications during complex projects.
STI courses are available in the Accelerated Learning format. Our research shows a 47% decrease in errors during practice sessions with this model. All redeveloped and new courses are being designed to follow this advanced learning technology. Our accelerated learning design includes:
• Overview - Transition to topic
• Introduction - Learning objectives
• Active presentation - Lecturette, overhead, video, audio, game, etc.
• Primary activation - Work through example
• Secondary activation - Independent/group practice
• Passive presentation - Baroque music ... option
• Active concert - Voice surfing ... option
Each train-the-trainer course provides two basic manuals:
Facilitator's Reference Manual - divided into three sections:
- The introduction section provides a quick snapshot of the course that includes: a course summary; learning objectives; estimated time; materials list for facilitator and participants and methods to evaluate the results.
- The content section of this manual provides an in-depth knowledge base of the course to help the facilitator feel confident that he/she knows the material.
- Finally, the facilitator's tips section contains information for the new trainer or non-training professional on logistics, platform etiquette, facilitation process, taking care of participants and handling troublesome participants.
Classroom guide - This three-ring bound manual offers two styles of classroom guides. For our Customer Service Excellence courses, the facilitator notes are on the left page and the participant manual page is on the right. Our sales courses use the note boxes provided on each page for the trainer instructions.
Other features include:
- Icons that signal what is to happen next
- Overheads that can be pre-loaded for easy use
- Activities and generic case studies included for skill development (flexibility allows customized case studies to be inserted).
Facilitation Options - Instructor Led / Web-Based Asynchronous
We offer the following delivery options:
- Web-based Training with sales managers/supervisors or STI staff / Affiliates providing in-person coaching (coaching guides are online).
- Facilitation by STI trainers at any suitable location selected by
- We offer " Train-the-Trainer" to support facilitation by in-house trainers
- Blended approach using a combination of learning methods to sustain learning and in the field application