|Best Sales Training Online Blog|
|Blog Post - August 06, 2020|
|Select to "Follow" (More / + Follow) on our Sales Training International or Robert DeGroot home pages on LinkedIn to receive notices of new issues of the blog.|
Persistence Pays Off
Persistence if vital to successful selling. How vital? Very - According to the National Sales Executives Association. Their survey unearthed these startling findings:
80% of all new sales are made after the fifth contact to the same prospect.
48% of all salespersons make ONE call or contact then cross off the prospect.
25% quit after the second call or contact.
12% call or make contact three times then quit.
10% keep calling or making contacts.
The Ten Percent Who Persist Get Payoffs.
They Collect They Dividends on What Others Invested.
Note: 96% of all sales are made after the 19th contact with the same prospect. Based on the cost of the sales contact, account potential and the profits of the product/service, find your limit for cost/effective selling.
This still valid study done many years ago by John Charnay of the National Sales Executives Association (NSEA)* illustrates how many contacts it takes to win a sale versus how many contacts are normally attempted.
Four bestselling authoritative ebooks all salespeople should own:
1. Strategic Sales Plan (steps in the sales process for you to validate).
2. Value Selling Strategies P.R.O.S.P.E.C.T. Model (easy to learn, remember, and use consultative value selling model).
3. Objection Free Selling (find the gaps in your sales process and sales model that are letting the objections slip in and plug the hole).
4. The Hunt: Prospecting for New Business (all methods can be used without in-person contact)
5. Select this link to connect and follow Dr. Robert "Bob" DeGroot, MEd, DCH on LinkedIn.